المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : The King With Four Wives

Asira
15-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Once upon a time there was a rich King who had four wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave him for another.

He also loved his 2nd wife. She was his confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem, he could confide in her, and she would help him get through the difficult times.

The King's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her!

One day, the King fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought of his luxurious life and wondered, 'I now have four wives with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone.'

Thus, he asked the 4th wife, 'I have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'No way!', replied the 4th wife, and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad King then asked the 3rd wife, 'I have loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'No!', replied the 3rd wife. 'Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to remarry!' His heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, 'I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!' replied the 2nd wife. 'At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave.' Her answer struck him like a bolt of lightning, and the King was devastated.

Then a voice called out: 'I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go.' The King looked up, and there was his first wife. She was very skinny as she suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the King said, 'I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!'

In truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us.

When we die, our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others. Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave. And our 1st wife is our Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go.

Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of us that will follow us to the throne of God and continue with us throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day:

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

أســـــــ ASIRA ـــــــــيرة

محمدسالم
19-07-2008, 04:22 PM
It is Almashhed' pleasure to have some body like you who can write this kind of articles.
It was a very deep idea, and a very nice lesson , we took from what you just wrote.
Allow me to welcome you since I had not had the chance to do it when you subscribed in the site.
Thank you...

Balkiss
20-07-2008, 02:53 PM
once upon a time there was a rich king who had four wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave him for another.

He also loved his 2nd wife. She was his confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with him. Whenever the king faced a problem, he could confide in her, and she would help him get through the difficult times.

The king's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her!

One day, the king fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought of his luxurious life and wondered, 'i now have four wives with me, but when i die, i'll be all alone.'

thus, he asked the 4th wife, 'i have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that i'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'no way!', replied the 4th wife, and she walked away without another word. Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad king then asked the 3rd wife, 'i have loved you all my life. Now that i'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'no!', replied the 3rd wife. 'life is too good! When you die, i'm going to remarry!' his heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, 'i have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When i die, will you follow me and keep me company?' 'i'm sorry, i can't help you out this time!' replied the 2nd wife. 'at the very most, i can only walk with you to your grave.' her answer struck him like a bolt of lightning, and the king was devastated.

Then a voice called out: 'i'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go.' the king looked up, and there was his first wife. She was very skinny as she suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the king said, 'i should have taken much better care of you when i had the chance!'

in truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us.

When we die, our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others. Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave. And our 1st wife is our soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, our soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go.

Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of us that will follow us to the throne of god and continue with us throughout eternity.

Thought for the day:

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

أســـــــ asira ـــــــــيرة

عزيزتي أسيرة
أولا، أهنئك على هذا الموضوع الممتع والمفيد، واسمحي لي أن أدرج هنا ترجمتي له حتى يستفيد منه من لا يقرأ الإنجليزية، وتصله الرسالة المتضمنة فيه.
وفي انتظار جديدك دائماً.

دمتِ.

الملك ذو الزوجات الأربع

كان يا ما كان، ملك غني له من الزوجات أربع. كان يحب الزوجة الرابعة أكثر من غيرها، وكان يغدق عليها بالملابس الفاخرة، ويمتعها بأرفع أنواع الترف. ولم يكن يمنحها إلا الأفضل.

كما كان يحب الزوجة الثالثة جداً، وكان دائماً يتباهى بها أمام الممالك المجاورة. إلا أنه كان يخاف أن تتركه يوماً من أجل رجل آخر.

كان الملك يحب زوجته الثانية أيضاً. فقد كانت أمينة سره، وكانت دوماً طيبة معه ومراعية لشعوره وصبورة عليه. وكان كلما واجه مشكلاً، أفضى إليها به، فكانت تساعده في تجاوز الأوقات العصيبة.

أما زوجة الملك الأولى فكانت شريكة مخلصة، وساهمت كثيراً في الحفاظ على ثروة الملك ومُلكه. إلا أنه لم يكن يحبها. ومع أنها كانت تحبه بشدة، إلا أنه لم يكن يحس بوجودها!

وذات يوم، سقط الملك مريضاً، وأدرك أن أيامه صارت معدودة. ففكر في حياته المترفة وتساءل في سره "عندي الآن أربع زوجات، لكني حين أموت سأكون وحيداً".

وهكذا، سأل الزوجة الرابعة "لقد أحببتك أكثر من أي أحد، ووهبتك أفخر اللباس، وأحطتك برعايتي الكبيرة. الآن وأنا أحتضر، هل ستتبعينني لتكوني لي رفقة؟" أجابت الزوجة الرابعة "مستحيل!" وابتعدت عنه دون كلمة أخرى. وكانت إجابتها كطعنة سيف حاد في قلبه.

وسأل الملك الحزين زوجته الثالثة "لقد أحببتك طول عمري. الآن وأنا أحتضر، هل ستتبعينني لتكوني لي رفقة؟" أجابت الزوجة الثالثة "لا! الحياة جميلة جداً! حين تموت سأتزوج ثانية!". فغص قلبه وتجمد.

ثم سأل زوجته الثانية "لطالما لجأت إليك متى احتجت المساعدة، ولطالما ساندتني. حين أموت، هل ستتبعينني لتكوني لي رفقة؟" أجابت الزوجة الثانية "أنا آسفة، لا أستطيع مساعدتك هذه المرة! أقصى ما يمكنني فعله هو أن أرافقك حتى قبرك". فأصابته إجابتها كصاعقة برق، فأحس بأنه مدمر.

ثم سمع صوتاً يقول "سأذهب معك. سأتبعك أينما ذهبت". رفع الملك نظره، فرأى زوجته الأولى. كانت هزيلة جداً لما عانته من سوء تغذية وإهمال. فقال الملك بأسى عميق "كان يجب علي أن أهتم بك أكثر حين كانت عندي الفرصة!"

في الواقع، كل منا له أربع زوجات في حياته:

زوجتنا الرابعة هي جسدنا. فمهما أنفقنا من وقت وجهد في سبيل جعله جميلا، سيتركنا في آخر المطاف.

حين نموت، زوجتنا الثالثة هي ممتلكاتنا ومركزنا وثروتنا، وهي تؤول إلى غيرنا. وزوجتنا الثانية هي عائلتنا وأصدقاءنا الذين رغم وجودهم دوماً إلى جانبنا ومساندتنا، فأبعد حد يصِلونه معنا حين نموت هو تشييعهم لنا إلى قبورنا. أما زوجتنا الأولى فهي روحنا، التي غالباً ما تكون مهملة مقابل السعي وراء الثروة والقوة ومتع الدنيا. إلا أنها، أي روحنا، هي الشيء الوحيد الذي سيتبعنا أينما ذهبنا.

ثقِّفوها وقَوُّوها وأحِبوها الآن، فهي الجزء الوحيد منا الذي سيتبعنا إلى عرش الله، ويبقى معنا إلى الأبد.

حكمة اليوم:
تذكَّر؛ حين تدفعك الدنيا للجُثُوِّ على ركبتيك، حينها تصبح في أفضل وضعية للصلاة.

عبدالله ولدبونا
20-07-2008, 03:28 PM
عظيم الإمتنان لأسيرة
التى أتحفتنا بنص الملك وزوجاته الأربع
وجزيل الشكر لبلقيس
التى مكنتني من قراءة النص بوضوح(لغتي الإنجيليزية متواضعة جدا)
نص جميل يوظف الغريزة ليقدم لنا غذاء الروح!
رائع لقاء الروح والجسد المؤقت وفراقهما لموعد ثان وأخير لحظة القيام لرب العالمين .
من الخطورة بمكان أن ندع شقنا الطيني يطغي على شقنا الخالد الذي هو من أمر الله،،الروح
أسيرة وبلقيس .....باقة ورد لاتكفي للشكر على هذا المجهود المميز

عين بنتيلى
23-07-2008, 12:48 PM
أسيرة

بلقيس

محمدسالم
عبدالله ولدبونا

ما هذا التميز والألق

تقبلوا مروري